Monday, March 9, 2009

Spirit Week

So, to recap this weekend...
Saturday
Me, my brother, and my Grandma and Grandpa went to brunch at a restaurant called The Country Gentleman, then went bowling. Bowling was fun. ^^ I like bowling with Grandma and Grandpa. But bowling made my arms hurt, for some reason. =/
Then, after bowling, I drove over to my friend's house and we went shopping at the mall. Normally I'm not the type of person who just randomly goes shopping, but I just FELT like going shopping. Not to mention Kelly (my friend) was all alone and bored, since her dad works on Saturdays and she doesn't have a mom (her mom's alive, but lives way over in Tennessee). So decided to fix her boredom. Besides, this week is Spirit Week at my school, and Tuesday is Twin Day, and we didn't have any matching shirts. Well, now we both have a black shirt that has "I kissed a vampire and... I liked it!" printed on the front. She's a big Twilight fan (and so am I, but I'm not nearly as big a fan as she is. I just like the books, that's all.) so she practically bounced out of her shoes when she saw the shirt. Lol. Then I brought her home, and I went home, and that was the end of my day, pretty much.

Sunday
Not much, really. Slept in, stayed at home, cleaned, did homework. That's about it.

Today
Regular school day, kinda. I found my AP English class hilarious, though. Someone had rearranged the desks, so everyone practically freaked out. XD We all laughed about it afterwards. We also continued to work on our projects, which is basically reading children's book. So, you've got all these kids in a college-level class, reading Dr. Seuss. XDDDD My book is Horton Hears a Who! which is my favorite Seuss book, and one of my favorite movies. But I never realized how violent the book was. I mean, sheesh, for a kid's book, it's pretty bad. It's going on about how they beat and mauled Horton, and stuff. o_O Pretty crazy stuff here. Which is why we're reading them, really. Because they have hidden depth.
Then, in my Spanish class, the teacher had been fed up with dealing with all our hyperness (which is kinda to be expected, since the class is right after lunch, so everyone's on a bit of a sugar high) so she had us all lay our heads down for a minute, then she had us stand up and flap our arms around for a while. It actually worked surprisingly well. XD

Well anyways, I think that's a good enough wall of text (lol, sorry guys, but I like to rant. Hehe) so I'll call it quits there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nik!

    I'm glad you started a blog. I saw the pics of bowling on gram and gramps blog. You are so so tall now. I'm jealous :)

    Add me to your friends list, and you're added to mine.

    ReplyDelete